Submitted by Chuck Cady
This recipe comes off the side of a corn meal box. It’s sweet and tasty, and easy to make.
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup corn meal
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 inch quare pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl, and mix together.
- Combine all wet ingredients in small bowl, and stir together.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir ingredients together just until blended. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Corn Bread Muffins
- Line muffin tin with paper cups
- Fill paper cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.