Originally in the 1991 cookbook
10 cups zucchini
4 cups onion, chopped
5 tbsp pickling salt
1 green bell pepper 1 red bell pepper 2 1/2 cups vinegar
1 tbsp nutmeg
1 tbsp dry mustard
1 tbsp celery seed
4 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tbsp tumeric
- Grind together zucchini and onion. Stir in pickling salt and pepper. Let mixture set overnight.
- Next day, rinse mixture in cold water thoroughly and drain, squeezing out excess water.
- Chop up fine both bell peppers.
- Combine all ingredients together in large pot and simmer 30 minutes.
- Put in sterilized jars and seal.