Originally in the 1994 cookbook
4 pounds lean ground beef
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Blend well.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place meatballs on ungreased baking sheets and bake 10-15 minutes, until browned.
- Remove immediately and drain on paper towels.
- When cooled, put about 30 meatballs each into five 1 quart freezer container, leaving 1/4 head space.
- Seal, label, and freeze; use within 3 months.