Originally in the 1991 cookbook
2 cups warm water (115 degrees)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp & 1 tsp dry yeast
4 cups flour
- In large bowl soften yeast in warm water. Stir in salt and enough flour to make soft dough. cover; let rise 1 hour. Dough will be sticky.
- Turn out onto floured board. Knead lightly for a few minutes, leaving dough on board, cover with towel; let rise 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide dough into six balls.
- Roll each ball into 8-inch circle, using as few strokes as possible.
- Place on cookie sheet and place cookie sheet on center rack in oven.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until circles puff up like pillows and are golden brown.
- Do not over bake or bread will be too crisp. Cut or break in half.