Originally in the 1991 cookbook
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup salad oil
3 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Measure dry ingredients into bowl.
- Pour oil and milk into measuring cup (do not stir together); pour all at once into flour mixture. Stir until mixture cleans side of bowl and forms a ball.
- To knead dough; turn onto waxed paper, lift paper by one corner and fold dough in half; press down firmly and pull paper back. repeat until dough looks smooth.
- Pat or roll 1/2 bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 16 1-3/4 inch biscuits