Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
- Cover beans with cold water and soak 12-18 hours. (As many beans as you want to can, remembering they will double in size as they absorb the water 🙂
- Rinse, and boil on stove for 30 minutes.
- Pack hot into jars with 1 inch headspace.
- Add salt if desired (1/2 tsp for pints, 1 tsp. for quart jars)
- Cover with boiling water, leaving 1 inch headspace.
- Slide knife through jar to remove bubbles.
- Seal jars with sterilized rings and lids.
- Process jars at 10 lbs. pressure
Pints = 1 hr. 15 minutes, Qts = 1 hr. 30 minutes