Originally in the 1991 cookbook
1 medium onion, sliced
6 medium mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup sliced celery
1/2 green pepper, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
- Combine onion, mushrooms, celery, green pepper, garlic, and oil in a 2-quart microwave proof casserole dish.
- Cover dish with lid and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef and cook on high for 3 minutes. Stir several times.
- Blend in tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, and oregano.
- Cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes, or until sauce thickens.