Originally in the 1991 cookbook
1 cup milk
2 tbsp margarine
2 tbsp flour
– dash white pepper
– dash nutmeg
- Place milk in 4 cup glass measuring cup and cook on med-high for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place margarine in 2 cup glass measuring cup and cook on high for 45 seconds.
- Stir in flour and continue to cook on high for 1 minute.
- Add milk, pepper, and nutmeg to flour mixture and stir briskly.
- Cook on high for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture boils, stirring once during cooking.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 1 cup.