6 eggs, separated
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp salt
1 cup whipping cream
1 ground nutmeg
- In a small mixer bowl beat egg yolks until blended.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating at high speed until thick and lemon colored.
- Stir in milk, vanilla, and salt. Chill thoroughly.
- Whip cream.
- Wash beaters well.
- In a large mixer bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks.
- Fold yolk mixture and whipped cream into egg whites.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with ground nutmeg.
Makes 15 (4 ounce) servings.