Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
4-6 large cube steaks
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup flour
– salt and pepper to taste
– water to cover
1/2 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Dredge steaks in flour, shaking off excess.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Brown steaks well on both sides.
- Add enough water to cover steaks completely.
- Sprinkle soup mix evenly in water.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
Makes its own gravy, great with a salad or mashed potatoes.