Originally in the 1996 cookbook
1 3-pound whole or cut-up fryer, skinned
4-5 potatoes, scrubbed and halved
6 carrots, peeled and cut in large pieces
1 onion, sliced
1 medium yam, washed and cut into 2 inch pieces (optional)
1 fresh lime, juiced (optional)
1 tsp dried thyme leaves, crushed
– salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a small roaster or roasting bag.
- Arrange vegetables around chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with lime juice and thyme.
- Season chicken and vegetables with remaining seasonings.
- Cover roaster or seal bag.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or as directed in roasting bag.
Makes 6-7 servings.