Originally in the 1991 cookbook
1 1/2 pounds trimmed spareribs
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/4 cup catsup
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp prepared horseradish
2 tsp cornstarch dissolved
- Place trimmed spareribs on a rack in wok over simmering water.
- Cover and steam for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Place in a long baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Place dish on rack in wok over simmering water.
- Cover and steam for 30 minutes.
- While steaming, uncover wok and turn spareribs in sauce several times.
- Remove ribs to serving platter. If desired, thicken sauce with dissolved cornstarch.
- Spoon over ribs and serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.