Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
1/2 cup milk (lowfat is OK)
2 different sized coffee cans or “Ziploc” freezer bags
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp salt (for larger container)
- Place milk, sugar and vanilla in smaller container and seal it tightly.
- Fill the large container half full of ice and add the salt.
- Place the smaller container inside the larger container and seal it tightly.
- Shake it for about 5-15 minutes or until it turns into ice cream.
- Wipe off the edge of the small container before opening it (or you may mix some salt into the ice cream)!
If using a can, you can kick it to mix it, but be sure that both lids are duct-taped very well first.