Originally in the 1991 cookbook
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cube margarine
2 cups light cream (20%)
- Butter square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Spread nuts in pan.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, margarine, and half the cream in large saucepan.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining cream.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to 245 degrees F on candy thermometer (or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a firm ball).
- Immediately spread mixture evenly over nuts in pan.
- Cool. Cut into 1-inch pieces.