Originally in the 1991 cookbook
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 pound ground round steak
1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, partially defrosted
1 tsp sugar
1/3 cup chicken broth or water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 cup bean sprouts
1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in water
1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2-3 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil with salt in wok.
- Add ground meat and stir-fry over high heat until no longer pink.
- Add peas and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle with sugar. Add broth or water and cover.
- When meat is tender, add soy sauce and bean sprouts.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Makes 4-6 servings.