Originally in the 1994 cookbook
2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp water
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Cut in shortening.
- Sprinkle with water and mix lightly with fork until flour is moistened.
- Press dough into a ball.
1 cup sugar
2 cup water
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp margarine
- Mix all ingredients together and boil in small sauce pan for 3 minutes.
6 medium apples
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into small pieces.
- Roll out pastry 1/8 inch thick, and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Place apple pieces on each square of pastry.
- Fill cone with sugar and cinnamon and dot with margarine.
- Bring opposite corners together, moisten, and seal together. Space evenly in baking dish. Pour hot syrup over dumplings, reserving some for later.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and apples are cooked through.
Serve warm with remaining syrup and with whipped cream.