Originally in the 1991 cookbook
4 cups sliced apples (about 4 medium)
2/3 – 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Place apple slices in pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm and, if desired, with light cream or ice cream.
Makes 6 servings.
Substitute 1 quart of peaches for apples, and cook until topping is bubbly and brown.