Submitted by Patty Cady
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
1 3/4 cubes butter (not margarine)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sliced almonds
8 oz Hershey Bar
3/4 c walnuts, chopped
- In a heavy pan melt butter (not margarine). Add sugar.
- Stir and cook over medium to medium high heat for 7 minutes.
- Add almonds and continue stirring over heat for 6 more minutes.
- Should be caramel colored when done. If it begins to brown too much, turn heat down, but continue cooking.
- Pour mixture into 9×13 inch dish.
- Immediately break over it Hershey Bar and spread as it melts.
- Sprinkle walnuts over top.