1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat eggs for 5 minutes on high speed.
- Gradually add sugar. Stir in canned pumpkin. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and baking powder.
- Combine the two mixtures and pour onto a greased and floured (or parchment paper lined) jellyroll pan. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle a thin dish towel with powdered sugar.
- Turn the cake topside down on the towel and roll it up with the towel.
- Set aside to cool.
1 8-oz pkg of cream cheese
4 tbsp butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy on high speed.
- Add powdered sugar and beat until fluffy again.
- Unroll the cake and frost. Reroll.
- Chill completely before slicing.
Slices best when frozen.