3 eggs, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat eggs for 4 minutes in a small bowl high with rotary beater.
- Mix sugar, water, and vanilla and set aside.
- Sift together, cocoa, flour, baking powder, and salt then add to previous mixture. Gently add eggs.
- Line sheet cake pan with foil and grease foil.
- Pour batter onto foil and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Drop cake out of pan onto towel covered with powdered sugar.
- Roll towel starting at small end. Cool on rack.
- Unroll and fill 1/4 to 1/2 quart of ice cream.
- Reroll and refreeze.