Originally in the 1991 cookbook
16 cups popped popcorn
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 cube margarine
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
- Put popcorn in large paper bag.
- Put brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt, and margarine in large, microwave safe bowl.
- Cook on high for 1-2 minutes, or until bubbly. Stir; cook for 3 more minutes, stirring after each minute.
- Add baking soda and vanilla. Stir well.
- Pour onto popcorn. Fold top of bag down.
- Cook in microwave oven on high for 3 minutes. Shake bag after each minute.
- Pour into bowl or eat from bag.