1 9-inch pie crust
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
5 cups thinly sliced pared apples
1 tbsp margarine
– dash salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust.
- Stir together sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt; mix with apples.
- Turn into pastry lined pie pan; dot with margarine.
- Cover with top crust which has slits cut in; seal and flute.
- Cover edge with 2-3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits.
French Apple Pie
Prepare pie crust; omit margarine and top apple filling with Crumb Topping below:
Mix 1 cup flour
1/2 cube firm margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) until crumbly.
1. Bake 50 minutes.
2. Cover topping with aluminum foil last 10 minutes of baking if top browns to quickly.