Originally in the 1994 cookbook
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbsp margarine
⅓ cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat margarine and shortening together for 30 seconds; add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well combined. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Working with 1/2 of the dough at a time, on a lightly floured surface, roll to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Makes 36 – 48 cookies.