Submitted by Patty Cady
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
4 (1 oz) bars unsweetened baking chocolate
10 tbsp margarine (1 stick + 2 tbsp)
2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp peppermint extract
– green food coloring
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate with 1/2 cup margarine.
- In bowl, combine chocolate mixture with sugar, 3 eggs, vanilla and flour.
- Spread in greased 13×9 inch baking pan. Bake 12 minutes.
- In mixer bowl, beat cheese, 2 tbsp margarine and cornstarch until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining ingredients.
- Pour over brownie layer.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set.
- Top with glaze. Cool. Chill. Cut into bars.
Melt 1 cup (6oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips with 1/2 cup unwhipped whipping cream. Cook and stir until thickened.