1 quart cherries, pitted or 2 (16 oz) cans
2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp margarine
1 tbsp lemon juice
– pastry for 2 pie crusts
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drain juice from cherries and save. Mix 1/4 cup cherry juice with cornstarch until smooth. Stir into remaining juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, margarine, and pitted cherries.
- Pour into pastry lined 9-inch pie dish.
- Adjust top crust. Flute edges; cut vents.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.