Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup margarine (2 sticks), melted
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream very well sugar, melted margarine, eggs, and vanilla with mixer.
- While mixer is going, add in (very carefully) flour, soda, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in by hand oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.
Do not overcook or cookies will be crisp.