Originally in the 1994 cookbook
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cube margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 12-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer bowl beat margarine and shortening on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture, beating until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop from a teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until done.
Makes about 72 cookies.