Originally in the 1991 cookbook
1 cube margarine, softened (or use half butter or margarine, softened)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking
- Mix thoroughly shortening, peanut butter, sugars and egg.
- Blend in rest of ingredients. Cover and chill for 4 hours, or until hard.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. With fork dipped in flour, flatted in crisscross pattern to 2 inches.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not hard.
Makes 3 dozen cookies