Originally in the 1994 cookbook.
Even thoough the dessert looks difficult to make when completed, it is really simple to do.
1 white cake mix package
1 large package jello
1 large package instant pudding
1 large can fruit, drained
1 tub whipping cream
- Bake cake according to instructions on box for 9×13 inch cake. Cool. Set aside.
- While cake is baking, make jello and pudding. Set both in refrigerator to begin setting.
- Since this dessert is put together in layers, follow this order.
- Layer 1:
– Break cake into little pieces and put in bottom of large glass mixing bowl.
– Cut jello into small pieces and cover cake. If jello is soft, pour over cake.
– Drain fruit; layer on top of jello and cake.
– Spread pudding over growing layer of Trifle.
– Scoop whipping cream onto Trifle, spreading it to edges.
- When completed, refrigerate for at least two hours to set jello and to enhance flavors.
For a pretty effect, layer Trifle in individual glasses or bowls.
Since several flavors are involved, be sure they complement each other. Some suggestions are:
* White cake, orange jello, pineapple, and vanilla pudding.
* White cake, strawberry jello, sliced bananas, vanilla pudding.