Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (16 large crackers
1 tsp cream of tarter
6 eggs, separated
3 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 cup sugar
19 ounces softened cream cheese
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 pint sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 inch springform pan.
- Mix crust and press into pan.
- Mix in a bowl cream of tarter and egg whites and beat until foamy.
- Gradually add 3 tbsp sugar and beat until stiff. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until soft, mix 1½ cups sugar, flour, salt and gradually beat into cheese.
- Add yolks, 1 at a time, beating well between.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Fold in egg white mixture thoroughly and pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 1/4hours or until springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn off heat and open door for 10 minutes (or leave in oven until cools).
- Chill 24 hours until serving.
Note: All ingredients should be at room temperature before starting.