Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 1991 cookbook
2 cups milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease 12 deep custard dishes or 15 medium muffin cups.
- With hand beater, beat eggs slightly; add milk, flour, and salt and beat just until smooth. Do not overbeat.
- Fill custard cups half way, muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake 15-20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan; serve hot.
Makes 12-16 popovers