Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 1991 cookbook
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg or mace
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat fat or oil (3-4 inches) to 375 degrees F in deep fat fryer or kettle.
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into bowl.
- Add oil, milk and egg; beat until smooth.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into hot fat. Puffs too large will not cook through.
- Fry four or five at a time about 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Drain.
- Stir together 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll warm puffs in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen puffs.