Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 1991 cookbook
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rich milk
1 pinch salt
2 tbsp margarine
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Set 9 inch clear glass pie dish into hot oven on lowest rack until very hot.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, flour, milk, and salt in small bowl until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pie dish from oven; add margarine and rotate dish until margarine is melted.
- Add batter immediately.
- Bake on lowest rack for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve hot with syrup, jam, or applesauce. If serving a large group, triple recipe and bake in a 9×13 baking pan.
Makes 4 servings.