Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 1991 cookbook
This familily favorite is quick and easy to make.
1/2 cube margarine
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a 9x9x2 square pan, melt margarine in oven. Remove pan from oven.
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into bowl.
- Add milk; stir just until dough forms.
- Turn dough onto well-floured cloth-covered board.
- Roll dough around to coat with flour. Knead lightly about 10 times. Roll into 8 inch square.
- With floured knife, cut dough in half, then cut each half into nine 4-inch strips.
- Dip each strip into melted margarine, coating both sides.
- Arrange strips close together in 2 rows in pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 18 strips.