Submitted by Chris Fowler
This recipe I was given to cook for a Relief Society dessert, and it became a family favorite. A great way to use up canned pumpkin, and trust me–no one in the family will complain.
1 lg can pumpkin (29 oz)
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Blend in slowly and mix well
- 1 12-oz can evaporated milk
- Pour mixture into prepared 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle 1 dry cake mix (butter or yellow) over pumpkin mixture. Use fork to crumble lumps and to pat down smooth.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chopped nuts evenly over dry cake mix (optional)
- Melt 2 cubes of margarine or butter and pour slowly and evenly over top of cake-nut mixture
- Bake at 350 for 50 min. Cool, but when still slightly warm invert the cake, so that pumpkin is up. Top with Cool Whip