Submitted by Chris Fowler.
Originally in the 2005 cookbook
This recipe is designed for bread machines but can be adapted.
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
4 Tbsp melted butter
4 Tbsp water
1/2 box (3.4 oz box) instant vanilla pudding
4 cups bread flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp yeast
- Place all ingredients into your machine in order. Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is finished remove dough, punch down and roll to 17 x 10 inches
* You can add the entire package of pudding mix to the dough but be sure to add about an extra 1/2 cup of milk to keep the right consistency.
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine ingredients and mix well.
- Heat in microwave for 10 seconds to make it spreadable.
- Spread over rolled out dough with a rubber spatula.
- Starting with the widest edge, roll the dough into a tight log.
- Cut into 1/2 – 1 inch slices. Place in a lightly greased baking dish. Be sure you cut the slices thick enough that the whole roll fits in one 9 x 13 pan.
- Place them close enough together that they almost touch.
- Turn on the oven to Warm. Once the ready light turns off, turn off the oven and put the rolls in the oven for 15-20 minutes to raise.
- Once the rolls have risen completely remove them from the oven and heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake rolls for 15-20 minutes.
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp milk
3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Mix and pour over rolls and serve.
You can use a standard frosting recipe if you prefer, and the frosting is still good if you don’t have maple syrup.