Submitted by Chris Fowler
Originally in the 1991 cookbook
A funny thing happened last month. My wonderful sister Patty decided since Mom’s time is limited here on earth, it might be cool to get her to write out recipe card’s of each person’s favorite childhood recipe. The hands down winner turned out to be Chocolate No-Bake cookies. It is my favorite because:
1) It is quick (abt 5 minutes from beginning to end)
2) It hits my 2 favorite addictions–chocolate, and sugar
3) The ingredients can usually be found in my cupboard (or else there will be a midnight run to the store, pronto!)
4) I have memories of my childhood when these were a staple. Mmmmmmm.
2 cups sugar
1 cube margarine
1/2 cup milk
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 to 1 cup peanut butter
3 cups oats
1 tsp vanilla
- Bring sugar, margarine, milk and chocolate to boil.
- Boil for 1-3 minutes (or until at soft ball stage)
- Add rest of ingredients and stir until blended. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto a sheet of wax paper.
Note: My daughters can’t even wait to drop by spoonfuls. They dump the cookie into the center of the sheet of waxed paper and hand out spoons to the family gathered around drooling. Makes it tough to pack for lunches, thoough